- The terms and conditions below apply to all coaching and mentoring services provided by Restless Coaching and Consulting (“RCC”) to any individual or organization (“the client”) and constitute the contract for the service to be provided by RCC for the client. The term ‘coaching’ as here used covers life coaching, personal coaching, executive coaching, career coaching and business coaching for clients and where applicable includes mentoring or supervision services provided for clients, coaches or others.
- Coaching is not psychological counseling or therapy and should not be construed as such.
- In return for the fees payable by the client (or by a third party on their behalf), RCC agrees to provide the service(s) as described below and in accordance with the terms and conditions set out below. The client agrees to pay fees for the service on the terms and conditions set out below (in situations where a third party pays the fees, the third party counts as an agent acting on behalf of the client).
- The date that the first coaching session takes place shall be deemed to be the start date for the service. Participation by any individual in the first coaching session constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. The client will be required to sign a contract with RCC at the commencement of coaching.
Responsibility & Commitment
The client has sole responsibility for any decisions they may make following coaching with RCC. RCC accepts no liability for the client’s actions. RCC has no liability for any loss incurred by any client, whether financial or otherwise, on the basis of any advice or documentation given by RCC at any time in any form, or for any perceived failure by the client to achieve their desired outcomes or goals.
- Personal information or business information supplied to RCC by the client in coaching sessions will be treated as confidential. It will not be disclosed to a third party without the client’s prior permission, save where required by law.
- RCC will respect the client’s privacy and seek written permission before disclosing they are a client.
- Any documentation and information relating to the client will be held according to the Data Protection Act 1998 and other binding legal requirements, except as permitted by the client in writing or as required by law.
- RCC does not retain any client cardholder account data.
- RCC will discuss with the client their preferred style of coaching. The client has the right to talk openly and candidly with their coach, and the client is encouraged to discuss any concerns they have with RCC on any area of the coaching process. RCC welcomes openness and honesty.
- Feedback about the service is welcomed and can be given during a coaching session or by emailing Restless Coaching and Consulting at DrMary@restlesscoaching.com.
Coaching Sessions and Programs
- The coaching schedule will be arranged between RCC and the client and sessions can be booked up to 6 weeks in advance. RCC will recommend the frequency of coaching sessions based on a professional assessment of the client’s requirements. This recommendation, or plan, is not binding and may be altered and adjusted by mutual agreement, in accordance with the terms set out in this agreement.
- The number of coaching sessions will be agreed upon at the start of coaching between RCC and the client and confirmed by RCC by email.
- Payment terms will be discussed and agreed to via email prior to the commencement of the selected coaching program.
- The length of each session is usually 45 minutes but can be adjusted as needed between RCC and the client.
- Coaching will take place between the client and their coach via telephone or Zoom. Unless otherwise agreed, the client is responsible for contacting RCC at agreed times. The client is responsible for any call-related charges.
- RCC may assign the client tasks or exercises to complete between coaching sessions. There is no obligation on the client to complete these tasks, but not doing so may slow the client’s progress in achieving desired outcomes. Where possible, clients are requested to submit any information requested by RCC relating to assignments at least 24 hours before the coaching session when they are to be discussed. RCC will provide feedback on completed assignments during coaching sessions.
- The client may contact RCC by phone or email between sessions to share a success or seek clarification on a coaching issue.
Support between sessions is seen by RCC as a necessary part of the coaching process. RCC will always advise a client in advance if the nature of a client’s contact is likely to incur an additional charge, and no such charges will be imposed without the client’s agreement.
- Online materials provided as part of a coaching package will remain available to the client for the duration of their paid coaching period. After the coaching program expires access to related online training and coaching programs will be removed.
- There may be occasions when RCC may recommend to the client that they seek an alternative service more suited to their current needs. In this event, RCC will fully discuss the reasons for the recommendation with the client. It is the client’s sole responsibility to decide whether to follow the recommendation and RCC does not accept any liability for the outcome of any decisions the client chooses to make.
Cancellation & Rearranging Coaching Sessions
- If the client needs to rearrange a coaching session, they should provide at least 48 hours’ notice. No refunds will be given to clients for unused coaching sessions unless 48 hours’ notice has been given. In exceptional circumstances RCC may need to rearrange a coaching session; in these circumstances, RCC makes every effort to provide a mutually satisfactory alternative appointment.
- When a client pays for a session, or sessions, in advance they must have the coaching session(s) that they have paid for within 6 months of the payment; any unused sessions are forfeited.
- The client may terminate their coaching contract at any time in writing. No refunds will be provided, however. Any services that have yet to be provided at the time of cancellation will therefore be deemed as having been provided.
- In the event of extraordinary circumstances occurring that prevent RCC from providing its services as contracted, then RCC shall refund any outstanding fees due for services not rendered.
- RCC can elect to terminate the service to the client early or refuse to provide any further support services should RCC deem the relationship unworkable.